What Travel Health has to offer?
- Pre-travel medical consultation
- Vaccinations, required and recommended
- Prophylaxis for malaria and travelers diarrhea
- Pre-departure medical examinations, check up
- Complete on-site diagnostic laboratory support
- Recommendations for water disinfection and proper use of insect repellants
- Special advice for problems such as motion sickness, jet lag, altitude sickness, etc.
- Post-travel consultation and care for those returning with medical problems
- Written handouts and brochures
- Maps/directions, location of local hospitals and local emergency numbers at your destination
Addresses traveller’s with special need: History of cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, immunocompromised states, pregnancy, travel with young children and elderly. Travel Health experts are available at Athens Medical Center from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm weekdays by appointment and are on call 24 hours a day by telephone/fax or e-mail for emergencies or questions which may arise. The ideal time for a pre-travel consultation is 4-6 weeks before you trip.